If you’re unable to attend a live Team USA tryout you can submit your candidacy via video using the following criteria…
- Submission Deadline: January 11, 2018
- Videos should be at least 8 minutes, but not longer than 20 minutes.
- Include a 30 – 90 second introduction stating your name, current location, why you are a good fit for Team USA, and any other information you would like to share with us.
- Include at least 7 full games in the video – from the time the game starts until the time you are out or it ends – so an assessment can be made regarding your athletic ability, dodgeball aptitude, and decision making. (Please do not include game-play footage when you are not in the game.)
- Clearly point out which player we should be watching during game footage. (i.e. describing your clothing/appearance or some other method of identifying you among the other players)
- Ideally, game footage will be using WDA rules/dodgeballs or something similar to them.
- Any remaining time on your video can be used as you see fit. Short videos will be considered equally with long ones as long as they meet the above criteria.
- Highlights are fun but do not provide an adequate representation of your ability without any game context – if in addition to the criteria above you are submitting highlights please include the footage of the play or two occurring both before AND after the highlight so there is context to understand what led to the play and what play you made after it.
- Videos will be reviewed by the US Dodgeball selection committee. Player selections will be announced in early 2018.
Stop! — Read before you submit your video.
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Under Basic info; Choose “Unlisted” if you do not want your video publicly view-able.
- Make a note of the Video URL and/or copy it to the clipboard.
- Complete the video tryout submission form.
- Copy and paste or enter the Video URL, into the submission form.
- Submit the form, you will be taken to PayPal to complete your video submission.
- There will be a $10 submission fee.